Drake's proximity to the Iowa legislature in Des Moines offers students a valuable opportunity for first-hand experience in legislative practice. This program combines coursework and internships to give students a significant grounding in the legislative process from a legal perspective. For more information, contact Professor Julie Smith.
- Administrative Law - Law 252, Three Credits
- State and Local Government Law - Law 261, Three Credits
- Legislation - Law 233, Two Credits, must be taken 1st semester 2L year
- Legislative Internship - Law 627, Two Credits, must be taken 2nd semester 2L year
- Legislative Practice - Law 052, Two Credits, must be taken 1st semester, 3L year
- Legislative Practice Internship - Law 616- Two Credits, must be taken 2nd semester 3L year