Legislative Practice Certificate Requirements
Drake's proximity to the Iowa legislature in Des Moines offers students a valuable opportunity for first-hand experience in legislative practice. This program combines coursework and internships to give students a significant grounding in the legislative process from a legal perspective. For more information, contact Professor Julie Smith.
- Administrative Law - Law 252, 3 credits
- State and Local Government Law - Law 261, 3 credits
- Legislation - Law 233, 2 credits (must be taken 1st semester 2L year)
- Legislative Internship - Law 627, 2-3 credits (must be taken 2nd semester 2L year)
- Legislative Practice - Law 52, 2 credits (must be taken 1st semester, 3L year)
- Legislative Practice Internship - Law 616, 2-3 credits (must be taken 2nd semester 3L year)