Legislative Practice Certificate Requirements
Drake's proximity to the Iowa legislature in Des Moines offers students a valuable opportunity for first-hand experience in legislative practice. This program combines coursework and internships to give students a significant grounding in the legislative process from a legal perspective. For more information, contact Professor Julie Smith.
- Administrative Law - 3 credits
- State and Local Government Law - 3 credits
- Legislation - 2 credits (must be taken first semester, 2L year)
- Legislative Internship - 2 credits (must be taken second semester, 2L year)
- Legislative Practice - 2 credits (must be taken first semester, 3L year)
- Legislative Practice Internship - 2-3 credits (must be taken second semester, 3L year)