SECOND SUMMER INSTITUTE IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, BIOTECHNOLOGY AND AGRICULTURAL SCIENCESJune 1, 2009:
9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. June 2, 2009:
9:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Neal and Bea Smith Law Center Courtroom
Drake University Law School
2400 University Ave.
The final program is available here
Every year, the Drake Intellectual Property Law Center brings together industry leaders, policymakers, and academics to engage in a constructive dialogue on cutting edge issues in the biotechnology area. The event takes advantage of Drake’s strategic location in Central Iowa, which some have referred to as the “Silicon Valley” of agricultural biotechnology. It seeks to promote a deeper understanding of complex intellectual property issues in the academy, within the industry, and among practicing bar members. The Summer Institute is made possible by a leadership gift from Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Institute Director
• Prof. Peter K. Yu, Kern Family Chair in Intellectual Property Law & Director, Intellectual Property Law Center, Drake University Law School Confirmed Participants
• Prof. Christoph Antons, University of Wollongong Faculty of Law (Australia)
• Prof. Olufunmilayo B. Arewa, Northwestern University School of Law
• Prof. Denis Borges Barbosa, Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
• Prof. Rebecca M. Bratspies, CUNY School of Law
• Prof. Stephen B. Brush, Department of Human and Community Development, University of California, Davis
• Prof. Charisse Buising, Director, Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology Program, Drake University
• Daniel J. Cosgrove, Esq., Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.
• Prof. Jeremy de Beer, Faculty of Common Law, University of Ottawa (Canada)
• Prof. Graham Dutfield, University of Leeds School of Law (U.K.)
• Cassie J. Edgar, Esq., Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.
• Prof. Neil D. Hamilton, Drake University Law School
• Prof. Rita S. Heimes (LW '93), University of Maine School of Law
• Prof. Christopher M. Holman, UMKC School of Law
• Daniel Jacobi, Esq., Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.
• Donna E. Johns, Esq., Iowa State University Research Foundation, Inc.
• Prof. Jay P. Kesan, University of Illinois College of Law
• Prof. Peter Lee, UC Davis School of Law
• Prof. Charles R. McManis, Washington University School of Law
• Prof. Chidi Oguamanam, Dalhousie University Law School (Canada)
• Prof. David W. Opderbeck, Seton Hall Law School
• Prof. Sabrina Safrin, Rutgers School of Law-Newark
• Joseph B. Saluri, Esq., Stine Seed Co.
• Edmund J. Sease, Esq., McKee, Voorhees & Sease, PLC
• Dr. Stephen Smith, Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.
• Prof. Andrew W. Torrance, University of Kansas School of Law
• Prof. Clark Wolf, Departments of Philosophy and Political Science, Iowa State University Registration Fee
The registration fee for the Summer Institute is $200 (including lunch and coffee breaks). Dinners will be available for $50 per meal. The registration fee has been waived for Drake faculty, students and alumni and Pioneer Hi-Bred staff. For more information, contact Landra Carty at 515-271-2141 or firstname.lastname@example.org