Drake Law School Mock Trial and Moot Court Scholarships
Students designated as All-American Attorneys or All-American Mediators at any of the 2013-2014 American Mock Trial Association national tournaments or All-American Attorneys at the 2013-2014 American Collegiate Moot Court Association national tournament who are admitted to, and enroll full-time, at Drake University Law School in 2014 will receive a minimum scholarship award of $6,000. These scholarship awards are renewable for the second and third year of law school provided the student meets the academic renewal requirements.
The Litigation and Dispute Resolution Certificate
program was instituted to capitalize on Drake's traditional strengths of advocacy and dispute resolution.
The First-Year Trial Practicum
, the only one of its kind in the nation, puts students in the courtroom during their first year. Students attend an actual state or federal court jury trial and participate in question and answer sessions with the judge, attorneys and members of the jury. Click here
for information on the Trial Practicum cases.
Drake's Recent Achievements in Advocacy and Litigation
- National Moot Court Team has advanced to the Final Rounds of the National Moot Court Competition in New York City in 19 of the last 23 years.
- National Moot Court Team Regional Champion in 2013, advancing to National Finals Competition.
- Winner of Best Petitioner’s Brief and Best Respondent’s Brief in 2013 National Moot Court Team Regional Competition.
- National Moot Court Team was the Regional Champion in 2012 and advanced to the final rounds of the National Moot Court Competition.
- National Moot Court Team placed first in its region for 15 out of the last 19 years.
- National Client Counseling Competition 2013 Champions, invited to represent the United States in the International Client Consultation Competition in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Client Counseling Team has advanced to the National Finals 3 times since 2005.
- Mock Trial Team was the 2012 Boston Regional Champion and placed 7th nationally.
- National Appellate Advocacy Team advanced to 2011 National Competition.
- Environmental Moot Court Team reached 2011 quarterfinals in National Competition.
- 2010 Regional Champion of the Mock Arbitration Competition.
- Since 2001, the AAJ Mock Trial Team has been Regional Champion 5 times.
Drake also sends teams to the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, the National Environmental Law Competition, the Saul Lefkowitz Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition, the National Mock Trial Competition, the ABA Negotiations Competition, the ABA Arbitration Competition, and the ABA Client Counseling Competition as well as hosting a number on intramural events within the Law School.
Request More Information