Transfer Students
... Apply to DrakeApplication Instructions › Transfer Students FaceBookTwitterYouTube
Candidates wishing to transfer from another accredited law school should follow the procedure listed for regular applicants. In addition, transfer applicants must provide transcripts showing the grades of all law work attempted, a class rank and a letter from the dean of the last law school attended certifying that the student is in good academic standing and eligible to re-enroll.

Transfer applicants must also request an official copy of the CAS report to be sent to the admission office from the Law School Data Assembly Service. Photocopies will not be accepted. Electronic requests for reports may be made at

As a general rule, a student must rank in the upper half of the class at the previous law school attended. Credit for courses in which the student earned a grade of C or better usually will transfer, but those grades will not be calculated into the student’s cumulative grade point average at Drake Law School.  Determination of transfer credit acceptance is made by the Associate Dean.  

To qualify for a Drake Law degree, a student must complete at least 30 semester hours of work in residence at Drake.  The faculty has the right to require completion of more than 30 hours in appropriate cases.  Only in exceptional circumstances may a student qualify for a degree with only two semesters in residence at Drake.

For further informaiton contact the Office of Admission and Financial aid at or 515-271-2782.

Last Modified: 2/21/2014 3:06:00 PM by Kara Blanchard