What We Do For You
The Career Development Office (CDO) at Drake Law School is committed to providing first-rate, proactive assistance to all students and alumni in their job search. We make it a priority to provide individual attention, direction, and enthusiasm.
At Drake Law School, career development is a partnership. The CDO empowers students and alumni to have control over their job search, whether local or national. We give you the skills to achieve your goals through individual counseling, informative workshops, written and electronic resources, an expansive alumni network, thousands of job postings, a mock interview program, and organized networking opportunities.
We also help employers find ethical, confident, and assertive attorneys Drake Law School is known for producing in accordance with its mission.
Comprehensive Skills Program
We have created a comprehensive skills program to provide students and alumni with the resources necessary for a successful, self-directed career. This program includes:
- Career Planning - A Year in the Life of a 1L
- Effective Resumes and Cover Letters
- Successful Interviewing Strategies
- Beyond On-Campus Interviews - Where the Jobs Are
- Job Searching on the Internet
- Conducting an Effective Out-of-State Job Search
- How to Apply for Your State Bar Examination and Info on Bar Review Courses
- ABC's of a Law Firm - Introduction to Law Firm Life
- How to Have a Successful Summer Break
- Judicial Clerkship Information Sessions
- Mock Interview Program
- Structured Networking Events