Drake has partnered with View You to develop student e-portfolios. All incoming students (starting with the Class of 2016) will develop an e-portfolio consisting of items chosen from their coursework and practical experiences at Drake Law.
Drake Law Student E-Portfolios
E-portfolios offer the following benefits to students:
• Videos that demonstrate evidence of practical experience
• A place to showcase advocacy and writing skills
• An easily accessible and unique connection point for employers
• More than just a resume
• Opportunities to be mentored by a faculty advisor
• Organized digital space to capture written and public-speaking accomplishments
Students will work with their advisors, faculty and the Career Development Office to update and improve the e-portfolio contents as they progress through their legal education. Employers will have easy electronic access and contents will vary by student interest.
What is an e-portfolio?
Click below to see sample e-portfolios.
Each student’s e-portfolio will be unique, reflecting individual experiences, interests and areas of focus.
In addition to the video content, students can upload writing samples, resume, and provide other information that employers will find useful. The Drake Law School e-portfolio page will be available to employers in 2014.
STUDENTS: Visit this page
for more information on creating your own profile