The Drake Intellectual Property Law Center understands the value and importance of capacity building and technical assistance to the development and maintenance of a robust intellectual property system. The Center devotes some of its efforts to the development and education of intellectual property and technology transfer professionals and institution building in the intellectual property area. It offers hands-on training in the day-to-day handling of intellectual property matters in university, business and other settings.
The Drake Intellectual Property Law Center aims to promote global, interdisciplinary understanding of intellectual property law and policy and considers international engagement and development one of its central missions. Through conferences and outreach activities, the Center develops global partnerships with key research institutions and industry players from around the world. Its institutional partners include:
• La Trobe University (Australia)
• NALSAR University of Law (India)
• New York Law School
• University of Georgia School of Law
• University of Hong Kong
• University of Liverpool (U.K.)
• University of Technology, Sydney (Australia)
• University of Turku (Finland)
• University of Wollongong (Australia)
• United Nations University (Japan)
• South China University of Technology Law School (China)
• Southwest University of Political Science and Law (China)
• Xiamen University School of Law (China)
• Zhongnan University of Economics and Law (China).
The Center is a founding member of the Asia Pacfic Innovation Network
, a cross-disciplinary network with institutional partners from the Asia Pacific region.
Visiting Scholars Program
The Visiting Scholars Program brings to the Drake Intellectual Property Law Center promising scholars and practitioners to share ideas and insights with faculty and students. The program enables visitors to participate in all Center events and provide them with access to the Law School's facilities. While in residence, visitors can consult and collaborate with faculty members in their fields of study. Since its establishment, the Center has hosted visiting scholars from:
• China University of Geosciences (Wuhan, China)
• Chongqing Jiaotong University (Chongqing, China)
• Hebei Academy of Agricultural and Forestry Science (Shijiazhuang, China)
• Lanzhou University School of Law (Lanzhou, China)
• Northwest University of Politics and Law (Xi'an, China)
• Shenzhen University Law School (Shenzhen, China)
• Southwest University of Political Science and Law (Chongqing, China)
• South China University of Technology Law School (Guangzhou, China)
• Tongji University School of Economics and Management (Shanghai, China)
• Zhejiang Gong Shang University School of Law (Hangzhou, China).