Drake Law students, faculty, and staff can subscribe to enrolled or accessible classes and events, allowing podcasts to be automatically downloaded to personal computers or presented as content is published. These instructions cover subscribing to podcasts in iTunes
and most web browsers. Both options make use of RSS feeds to dynamically access course and event podcasts.
If you have iTunes
installed on your personal computer and would like to use it to access podcasts...
- Using the RSS icons from the list of Courses and Events, or as you view podcasts for a specific course or event, you'll want to copy the RSS feed's address into your computer's clipboard. To do so, right-click (Mac users hold the Control key as you click your mouse on) the RSS icon for the desired course and file format. Then choose the appropriate menu option to copy the address or shortcut.
- Within iTunes, select Subscribe to Podcast... from the Advanced menu. A dialog will appear asking for the URL to accessible podcasts.
- Paste the address from the clipboard into the subscription URL field and click OK. This subscribes you to the desired course. Podcasts will automatically download as they are published.
Individuals using Internet Explorer 7 and higher, Firefox, or Safari may subscribe to courses and events within their browser. To subscribe using your browser…
- From the list of Courses and Events, or as you view podcasts for a specific course or event, click on the RSS icon for the desired course and file format. This will take you to a page with a list of available podcasts.
- An option may be available to the top of the page, allowing you to subscribe. If so, subscribe to the page, otherwise add it to your favorites or bookmarks. Your browser will keep track of the podcast subscription for you, letting you know when new podcasts become available.